Number Plates

Header logos

A registration number must be correctly displayed in line with the law. Magic Signs is a DVLA registered number plate supplier so we can make your plates with minimal documentation. In order to have number plates made you’ll need to provide us with proof of your identity, as well as proof that the registration number belongs to you.

Number plates cost £20.00 each for any size.

Standard oblong – 552mm x 112mm
Front and rear number plates for cars, trailers and caravans. Made from certified components and legally spaced characters and fonts.

4×4 – 280mm x 203mm
Some 4×4 vehicles require this size of rear plate. They can also be used for other vehicles where standard plates are not suitable.

Motorbike – 228mm x 178mm
Motorbike size number plates are needed for legal road use and prevent any issues with MOT testing.

Documents required
We’ll need to see at least one document from each of the lists below. This will allow us to confirm your name, address and entitlement to the registration number. All documents must be original, not copies.

Documents to confirm your identity

One of the following:

  • driving licence, whether or not issued in the United Kingdom (UK) (with or without a photo) – this is preferred because it’s a secure, government-issued document showing both name and address
  • a bill issued by your electricity, gas or water supplier, a landline telephone bill, or a council tax bill (current within the last six months) or rates bill (in Northern Ireland only)
  • a bank or building society statement
  • a passport, whether or not issued in the UK
  • a national identity card issued by the government of a state or territory other than the UK
  • a debit or credit card issued by a bank or building society
  • a police warrant card
  • an armed forces identity card

Documents to establish your entitlement to the registration number

One of the following:

  • vehicle registration certificate (V5C or V5CNI) – these are the preferred documents
  • the new keeper supplement (V5C/2 or V5C/2NI) of the registration certificate
  • certificate of entitlement (V750)
  • retention document (V778) (not applicable in Northern Ireland)
  • vehicle licence renewal form (V11)
  • temporary registration certificate (V379) (not applicable in Northern Ireland)
  • authorisation certificate (V948) with an official stamp from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA) or Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA)
  • a letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including lease or hire company) (not applicable in Northern Ireland) – the letter must quote the document reference number from the registration certificate, not the vehicle identification number